Episode 12: Jobs
Updated: Jul 15, 2021
1. Mutton busting at the rodeo. (sent to us by a loyal listener.)
2. Essay: "The Joy of Work" by Mason New
3. Book: Haidt, Jonathan, The Happiness Hypothesis: Finding Modern Truth in Ancient Wisdom, New York: Basic Books, 2006.
4. The positive psychological concept of "Flow."
5. Glossophobia Or The Fear of Public Speaking.
6. From the book: Mager, R, and Pipe, P, Analyzing Performance Problems: or, You Really Ought to Wanna, 3rd ed., Atlanta, GA: The Center for Effective Performance, 1997.
- This is an excellent book for understanding how humans behave in organizations, the spoken and unspoken incentives, and the ways to make changes to effect more positive change. Great for leaders, instructional designers, teachers, or just about anyone who care about the organizations in which they work.